Dry or Brittle Hair?
As is often the case for many things, the foundation affects the outcome. Be sure to shampoo your hair with high quality cleansing and moisturizing shampoo. Use a conditioner every time you shampoo, especially this time of year. Even if you are not out in the cold often, the indoor heat can dry your hair out.
- Trim your damaged ends-they are not serving you well
- Take a vitamin supplement, to close the gap on deficiencies
- Get healthy fats & oils in your diet
- Wash your hair with filtered water if you shampoo often
- Deep condition or steam regularly
- Avoid blow drying & harsh heat
- Wrap your hair when exposed to the elements
- Avoid coloring, especially bleaching
- Use a water based leave in conditioner
Remember- moisture comes from water! Get it from the outside and inside. Oil can only seal in moisture that’s already there, that alone is not the solution to dry hair or scalp.
Start with a clarifying, deep cleansing shampoo. Don’t have one? Make one by adding lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to what you have.
If you have questions specific to your hair, feel free to ask:)